Prop 19 & Entities: Legal Update and Estate Planning Strategy
One of the major exclusions from property reassessment is the exclusion of real property that is owned by a legal entity, such as a corporation, partnership, or LLC, as provided in Revenue & Taxation Code section 64. In a nutshell, it provides that when realty is owned by a legal entity, certain changes in the ownership of the entity do not constate sale of the realty itself, unless a new person or entity gains control of the entity. For example, if real property is owned by a corporation, shares of … Read More
We are here with some helpful suggestions to keep things on track as your business transitions to the new year.
Top 5 Year-end Business Compliance Checklist
- Performance and Operations ‒ I have discussed and mapped out performance and operations with management and legal counsel. Yes No
- Entity Structure/Governing Instruments ‒ I have reviewed my business entity structure and updated articles of organization/incorporation, operating agreement, bylaws, partnership, or other agreements as needed. Yes No
- I am up to date on all corporate formalities for California corporations to maintain my personal liability protection. Yes No
- I have finalized my year-end
… Read More
We can work with you to review your business, real estate, and family holdings to craft and maintain your succession plan for life and what comes after.
Top 10 Year-end Estate Planning Checklist
- Personal Status ‒ My health, wealth, and chosen decision-makers are still the same Yes No
- Legal Guardians ‒ The legal guardians I’ve selected for my minor children are up to date and consistent with my wishes? Yes No
- Legal Documents ‒ I have my legal documents in place including a power of attorney, health care directive, will and (when needed) trust Yes No
- Marital Status
… Read More
HVP Partner Tony Valluzzo Named to 2021 “Lawyers of Distinction” List by Sonoma Magazine
Haeuser, Valluzzo & Piasta LLP is pleased to announce that Sonoma Magazine has named partner Anthony R. Valluzzo for inclusion in its list of 2021 “Lawyers of Distinction” in the category of business law.
Sonoma Magazine’s inaugural “Lawyers of Distinction” list recognizes the county’s top legal practitioners. Candidates who live or work in the greater Sonoma five-county region were peer-recommended. A third-party research firm conducted the peer nominating and vetting process, ensuring its independence and authenticity. Inclusion in the list is based on the opinions of … Read More
Introduction to Elder Abuse, Capacity and Undue Influence
In a recent presentation to realtors, Real Estate and Elders, HVP partner Mary Piasta provided a introduction to elder abuse, capacity and undue influence. Offering a roadmap for understanding and navigating issues of elder abuse in real estate, Mary focused her presentation on the applicable laws, rules and concerns for real estate professionals concerning capacity, financial exposure, warning signs, and resources.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707.996.2131.… Read More
SONOMA, CA – July 26, 2021 – Prominent business and estate planning law firm Haeuser, Valluzzo & Piasta LLP is pleased to announce that Tom Haeuser, name partner and Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, has stepped up his roles in two vital community service organizations, Friends Helping Friends (FISH) and the Sonoma County Library Commission. Tom was recently selected President of the FISH Board of Directors, continuing his longstanding affiliation with an organization that has been lending a helping hand to neighbors in need for 50 years. Tom also accepted an appointment to serve a … Read More
SONOMA, Calif. – May, 2021 – Reinventing the law firm business model, HVP lawyers return to the basics of legal services with an emphasis on lawyers and staff working together to offer a concierge service experience. The addition of staffers Lori Beth Merrill and Penny Martin underscores HVP’s long-standing reputation for working seamlessly with clients. Committed to providing the ‘white glove’ treatment . Penny’s adept management of client-attorney interactions and communications and Lori Beth’s background as a real estate appraiser complement the legal services offered by HVP’s three partners, Thomas A. Haeuser, Anthony R. Valluzzo, and Mary Piasta.
The firm … Read More
Fiduciary originates from Latin fidere, which means “to trust.”
Join the discussion between lawyer Mary Piasta and Lori Beth Merrill of Haeuser, Valluzzo & Piasta LLP as they discuss the things you want to know about fiduciaries, what they are, how they are regulated, and how they can help loved ones.
In case you missed it…
Click here to view the video courtesy of Vintage House Sonoma… Read More
The December relief package created a second draw for businesses that have exhausted their PPP. This PPP list includes an Expanded List of Expenses Qualifying for Forgiveness. The list of expenses that PPP funds can be used for that qualify for loan forgiveness has been expanded to include:
- “operations expenses” defined as payments for business software and cloud computing services and other human resources and accounting needs that facilitate business operations;
- “supplier costs” defined as payments to a supplier for goods that are essential to the operations of the borrower pursuant to a contract or purchase order in effect before
… Read More
An upcoming Seminar on April 16 at Vintage House.
This complimentary seminar features Anthony Valluzzo, a partner at the Sonoma law firm of Haeuser, Valluzzo & Piasta LLP. Tony draws on a wealth of estate planning experience to craft solid legal strategies that provide peace of mind for life and after. While not as chilling as the movie version, Tony will provide an overview of California law addressing court-appointed conservatorships, outlining the estate planning tools that can ensure your welfare stays out of the hands of the courts. He will discuss how to empower those you trust to make decisions … Read More